We are currently looking for an experienced land surveyor to join our friendly team. This is a great opportunity to join a growing survey team and work on a wide variety of surveying projects using your expertise and developing further surveying skills. For the right candidate, there are opportunities to develop the role to manage a team and head up a department whilst working alongside other senior surveyors.
The role involves:
- carrying out large scale and complicated topographical surveys using total station and GPS technology
- process high quality drawings and complete projects to agreed deliverables
- mentor and support our apprentices
- ensure all health and safety and quality procedures are followed.
The experience we are looking for:
- 3 years surveying experience with proven ability in delivering high quality and sometimes complex topographical surveys without direct supervision.
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD, N4ce, Cyclone and Cloudworx software along with Leica Total Stations, laser scanners and GPS technology.
- Some previous experience in measured building or underground utilities experience is desirable.
- HNC/ONC in Construction for the Built Environment or equivalent industry experience.
- 2 A Levels (or equivalent) and 5 GCSE’s grade A-C (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
The competencies required:
- Diligence is paramount, with a focus on accuracy and a good eye for detail to produce outputs that meet strict QA guidelines.
- Planning and organising work under own initiative and motivation to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – client-facing work will be required.
- The drive to achieve personal work goals and objectives.
- Excellent team player who can develop positive peer relationships.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
Other information/special requirements:
- A full clean driving licence is an essential requirement.
- CSCS or ECTIB card required.
- Physically fit for route walking/surveying in a variety of construction environments and enjoy working outdoors in all weathers.
Benefits – what we offer:
Potential for car allowance
Paid overtime if required
Employee Assistance Programme
Birthday day off
Professional membership subscription paid
Company workwear and PPE.
We are committed and encourage continuous professional development – we are a CICES Approved Development Partner and our CICES Approved Development Scheme supports our surveyors’ progression to a professional qualification.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to our Equality, Inclusion and Diversity and Positive Work Environment policies.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.