Here we describe how we collect, use and handle your information when you use our services and our website and its contact form. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016, the data controller is Powers UK Ltd of Meridian House, 58-60 Hillside Road, Frodsham, Cheshire CH3 8DE.
We may share information as discussed below but we won’t sell it to advertisers or third parties. We may be required to share your information with selected third parties outlined below (in ‘Disclosure of Your Information’).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Any addresses and contact information you give us about the sites that we survey, the company that has instructed the work and other interested parties under the contract delivery such as the payee company.
- Information we may automatically collect about you with regard to each of your visits to our website including technical information (e.g. the Internet protocol (IP) addresses, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform); and information about your visit (e.g. the full UR clickstream to, through and from our site; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.)
- Information we receive from other sources about you. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information you give to us:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to send you notifications about your order (if you place one);
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please let us know when we collect your data; or
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
By providing us with your e-mail address you consent to our using the e-mail address to provide you with e-mail alert services. If at any time you do not wish to be contacted by us by e-mail please use the link provided on any e-mail sent to you from our company to de-register.
Alternatively, write to the Data Protection Officer, Julia Miao, at our registered office above.
We may use Information we collect about you:
- to administer and improve our website and for internal operations;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you but only if you have consented to this; or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them but only if you have consented to this.
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you and use the combined information for the purposes set out above.
We will retain information you have provided us with for as long as we need it to provide you with our services. We also guarantee to keep your drawings for 10 years and so we will retain your records for at least this length of time.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Powers UK Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask you if we can use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Unless otherwise stated, all contents of this website are ® Powers UK Ltd.
(1) A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
(2) Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
(3) Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
(4) Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.